This homemade shrimp taco recipe with slaw is a perfect couple. I LOVE tacos! They literally are one of the best inventions ever created and I am obsessed with them in all forms. Shrimp tacos, vegetarian tacos, vegan tacos, breakfast tacos you name it I love them. I mean who doesn’t love a good taco. I just had this conversation with my family when I came to the realization that corn tortillas are highly undervalued and utilized in breakfast restaurants in New England. I mean why have 10 different “bread” options and not offer tortilla? I would eat that right up…especially since I can’t eat their usual gluten-filled wheat, white, rye, croissant, bagel options. But as I continue my quest to convince every breakfast joint in New England that corn tortillas should be added to the menu I have a great taco recipe for ya’ll just in time for Taco Tuesday, otherwise known as the most looked forward to dinner night of the week in our house. These tacos are easy to throw together, bursting with flavor, totally satisfying, easily made vegetarian/vegan (which we do quite often), gluten-free, and just a little bit spicy. Through a summery margarita on in with them and you will forget your at home.
Ingredients of Shrimp Taco Recipe with Slaw
♥ 6 corn tortillas (gluten free)
♥ 1 avocado
♥ 1/2 head of lettuce
♥ 1 can black beans
♥ 2 tsp cayenne powder
♥ 1 tsp salt
♥ 8-10 jumbo shrimp (I will buy frozen)
♥ 1/4 cup cilantro
♥ 1 tsp olive oil
♥ 2 limes
Directions for My Pico de Gallo Recipe
1. Place tortilla shells in the oven for roughly 5-10 minutes at 350 degrees.
2. Shred lettuce and chop avocado into small pieces.
3. Rinse black beans and pour into a bowl. Mix with 1 tsp cayenne powder for spicier beans.
4. In a skillet on medium heat, cook shrimp (de-shelled, and de-veined) with the juice of 1 lime, and olive oil. Add 1 tsp cayenne, and cilantro and cook until shrimp are pink (roughly 5 minutes or so).
5. Make my pico de gallo recipe (this is my secret weapon to the BEST tacos!)
6. Remove tortillas from oven once warm and slightly more firm. Layer with lettuce, beans, avocado, pico de gallo, and shrimp. Drizzle with lime and salt to taste.
7. Eat and enjoy!